Here it is with the Feb. block called Cozy Cabin.
You can see that they are made with 2 1/2 inch squares, which I have a hard time with. On these 2 blocks, I measured after each time that I sewed so I could be sure that they were the right size. It took longer that way but I think the results were good!
On Saturday, I helped a friend with a table runner that we had picked out for her to make that was "easy" but she was having some trouble with. We finally found the main problem, fixing some small boo-boos along the way.
This made me want to make the runner that I had the fabric for to see if it really was easy. It's called Easy Striped Table Runner from The Quilt Company. I did not have the 60º triangle ruler it called for but was able to use the 60º marking on my ruler to make the proper lines. Anyway, less an hour later, I had the top put together. On Sunday evening I spent another 45 minutes to cut the batting and backing, sew them together, and add a little quilting. So here it is.
I put green on the back so that I could use it at Christmas.
Here are 2 of the placemats I made from the leftover fabric this morning. To conserve fabric, I ended up with 2 different looks. I'm probably going to go buy just a little more fabric so that I can make a few more and then I'll finish them all.